Keeping your family safe and comfortable is your number one priority. In Bath, Pennsylvania chilly fall weather is just around the corner. One of the simplest ways to keep your home safe and cozy is through regular heater maintenance.
Carbon Monoxide and You
Many heating systems in the area use gas or oil as fuel. These types of fuel produce carbon monoxide when burned, so any system using gas or oil can be prone to leaks without proper maintenance. This can be dangerous.
Carbon monoxide is odorless, tasteless, and invisible. Carbon monoxide poisoning can happen quickly, so it’s important to know the symptoms of carbon monoxide exposure. Headaches, dizziness, and nausea are common symptoms indicating exposure. As concentrations of the gas increases in the bloodstream, symptoms progress to confusion, drowsiness, increased heart and respiration rates, vision problems, and seizures.
Headaches, dizziness, and nausea can indicate many problems outide of carbon monoxide poisoning. However, if multiple people in your home display any of these symptoms, or if the symptoms escalate, get everyone outside right away.
5 Benefits of Regular Maintenance
Having your heating system tuned up before autumn arrives yields many benefits. Some of those benefits include:
- – You’re less likely to experience an emergency heating issue, like a system failure.
- – Small problems identified during check ups are often less expensive to repair and, when addressed early, stay small problems that don’t grow into serious, expensive issues.
- – Having your furnace serviced annually keeps it in top working order, which improves system efficiency and lowers heating costs.
- – Regularly tuned up heaters have much longer life spans than those that aren’t checked often.
- – Having your furnace serviced by a professional before cooler weather arrives greatly reduces the risk of dangerous leaks.
Our skilled technicians check for problems that could cause carbon monoxide leaks through rigorous tests and inspections. We also check all ventilation, exchange systems, and pipes for cracks and other problems.
For furnace tuneups in Bath, Pennsylvania call Sullivan Oil & Propane at (610) 810-3992 today. We’re glad to help you keep your family safe and comfortable this fall.
Image provided by Shutterstock